Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oasis Condominium @ Bayu Puteri

It's been quite some time. This is my parents' dream to have our own house and they always put their hopes on me. I might fulfill their wishes soon...
On Monday and Tuesday, my mum and I were busy viewing the house. We decided to buy the unit and we'd submitted for SUK approval. (The unit is initially reserved for bumiputera. We need to submit for approval in order to sell it to Non-bumiputera).
My mum looked very happy but not my dad. Maybe he prefer landed property which having his own garden yard and can keep dog. However, we are small family and it's hazardous to stay in a larger house with small number of family member in JB. The crime rate here is the highest in Malaysia.
Frankly speaking, for a 1174sq.ft condominium, costing more than 200k, it's not worth that price. But, from another point of view, I have some points that convinced me to invest in that unit:
1. My parents are getting older and I am always away. If there is anything emergencies, my aunty is just staying at the neighboring block. Thus, I will feel more secure in a way
2. My mum always worry about my brother; by moving near to the town, he can't find any excuses to 'escape' from her (moving out to stay with his friends)
3. I really need a room for myself because I find very inconvenience to sleep with my brother (esp when his girlfriend is coming over to our place, but it's over few weeks ago)
4. I want to do whatever that can make my parents happy now. They'd suffered for so many years to bring us up. It's time for me to repay their effort
It's time for me to save more money now for new furniture and renovation later. Though I am taking the smallest room but I'm trying to make my room to become a nice and comfy one.

2 comments: