Monday, November 1, 2010

A Promise. A Given

What is the difference between A PROMISE and A GIVEN?
A promise is thing that someone will do for you but there isn't any dateline on it. Or maybe yes, but it will turn out to be an order or instruction.
A given is thing that had done for you without your knowledge and expectation.
I love promise from him..
Promise to take care of me
Promise to give me a good life
Promise to help me to improve myself
Promise to upgrade my diamond
Promise ...
However, ever since last Sunday, he did something that made me think differently.
After I came back from flight, I took a nap until 1pm. He prepared a wonderful brunch for me and helped to do laundry. He even helped to tidy up my mess (all the shopping bags that I left under my bed) and kept it nicely in different boxes.
These are the things that I never expect him to do for me. But eventually he did it. This called "Given".
We were having a small chat, it was about life.
"Lu Chai, do you find any difference before and after married?"
"Errr.. You sayang me more lo and I felt I am pampered." while munching my bread.
"But any difference on your side? You are my wife now, did you do anything different?"
"..."
Yea, I must admit that I can't think of anything else beside laundry, cleaning room and ironing. These are the duties I had before married, since he moved to Sin.
I didn't play a good role as his wife.
I am always away when he needs to talk to someone
I am not at his side to share his happiness and sadness
I always make him worry about me (my body and my sleeping problem)
I promise I'll cook for him but I never make a move to learn
I promise I wanna learn a new skill and occupy my time usefully but I am still addicted in FB

"Remember, what other couple do might not work on us. If you have any new idea or comment, tell me and we'll see how it works on us. I do not want any misunderstanding to ruin our relationship, you know?"
This is what he told me and you can see the effort he "inject" in our relationship. But how about my part to make it a perfect one?
What other couple's promise to another, it will turn up to be a given from me. Trust me, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment